Computers, Tablets, Phones, and other personal tech devices are complex and delicate. They require maintenance to operate at top performance. Also, they require physical cleaning inside and out. This service is CRITICAL and must be performed annually
Who needs this service?
If you have a computer, tablet, iPhone, Android Phone, or any other tech device, you need regular cleanup/setup. Nerds do this for their own devices constantly. This is why the Nerd's Devices are always in tip-top condition.
Why do I need this?
When a new device is setup properly, it performs better. When it is maintained properly, it performs better. When it is cleaned often, it is more sanitary and performs better. Cleanup/Setup greatly improves the happiness of the Member and their devices.
What is cleanup/setup?
Gizmo's Technology Center (GTC) runs through many tasks when performing our standard Cleanup/Setup. Below are a few of the main tasks.
- Physical Inspection - looking for loose screws, connections, scratches, dents, cracks, etc. Any of these can cause heating issues, performance issues, and compromise the device's safety/security.
- Record Device Information - We use forms like our Computer Cleanup/Setup form to record valuable information about the Device for the Member. This allows us to help with warranty repairs, upgrades, recalls, etc.
- Backup - We make sure all data is backed up to an online service like Carbonite, iCloud, Google Drive, or to a local drive before we make any modifications.
- Free up storage - We remove any bloatware, adware, catalog files, old downloads, etc. that are not needed by the Member or the computer. This usually frees up a lot of space.
- Clean Inside: For computers, we open the case, clean all dust, check for loose wires/connections, vacuum all fans, heat sinks, and power supplies, secure any loose cables, reapply thermal compounds if necessary.
- Install Updates: After confirming with Member, we install any OS security updates, OS upgrades, software updates, app updates, etc.
- Setup Backup: After confirming with Member, we install Carbonite as our recommended continuous/automatic backup solution. For devices we install/configure the backup solution which best fits. For iOS devices (iPhones and iPads), we setup iCloud backup for the device. If necessary and after confirming with the Member, we may subscribe the Member to additional storage to insure all data/photos/documents are able to be backed up safely.
- Clean Outside: We thoroughly and safely clean the device case, screen, keyboard, mouse, cables, etc. We also remove any factory stickers and cleanup the residue. We make sure there are no fingerprints, dust, etc. If possible, we will repair minor scratches and dents.
What does it cost?
- $125 for a Residential/Personal Computer
- $250 for a Work/Business Computer
- $75 for an iPad, iPhone, Galaxy Tablet, Android Phone, Etc.
- $75/hr for all other devices