Uber is a ride-share app for on-demand transportation similar to a taxi with a consistent interface in all situations. Individuals work as contractors to Uber to provide pick-up/delivery services for Members.
Prerequisites: Experience using Uber and other rideshare applications
Difficulty Level: Member
Estimated Time: 1 hr
Expected Outcome: Member can Request a ride and Complete a ride
Tools Required: Mobile Device; Uber App; Internet Access
Steps to Perform
Steps to Perform
- Downloading the rider app (iOS)
You can download and install the Uber rider app on devices with iOS 8 and newer. Using your mobile device, tap the App Store icon and follow these steps:
- Select Search from the menu, type Uber in the search bar, then tap Search.
- Select the Uber icon.
- Tap GET. Your device may require you to enter your App Store password.
- When downloading is complete, GET will change to INSTALL. Tap INSTALL.
- When the installation is complete, INSTALL will change to OPEN. Tap OPEN.
- In the Uber app, tap SIGN IN if you have an account or tap REGISTER to create
- Downloading the rider app (Android)
- Tap the Google Play icon.
- Tap the search bar, type Uber, then tap Search.
- Select the Uber icon and tap INSTALL.
- After app installation is complete, tap OPEN.
- In the Uber app, tap SIGN IN if you have an account or tap REGISTER to create one
- How do I create an Uber account?
- Creating an Uber account requires a valid email address and phone number. You'll also need to create a password and agree to terms and conditions and our privacy statement.
- Fill in your first and last name, phone number, and preferred language. Once you complete this part of the signup process, we send a text SMS to verify your phone number.
- Next, enter your payment information. Adding a credit card or debit card number allows your trip fares to be automatically charged after each ride. Please note that we cannot accept prepaid cards.
- After you provide this info, we'll send an email to confirm your account registration. Once you confirm, you'll be able to use your app to request a ride
- How to request a ride
Enter your destination address in the "Where to?" box, or tap a shortcut icon at the bottom of your screen. Shortcuts include recent destinations from your ride history or custom "Saved Places" you can set in your app
- Your default pickup point is set to your current GPS location. If you are not being picked up at your current location, tap your pickup location on the map and update the address
- Use the slider at the bottom of your screen to toggle between available vehicle options (for example, uberX or UberBLACK)
- Tap "Request." You may be asked to confirm your pickup location.
- Wait for a driver to accept your request.
- When your request has been accepted, you'll see your driver's location on your map and an estimated time of arrival at your pickup location
- Your app will notify you when your driver is close to your pickup location
- In some cities, you can also request a ride to more than one destination
- Rating a driver
Ratings allow us to ensure a great experience for both riders and drivers. We take ratings very seriously; drivers with low ratings may lose access to the Uber app.
- In the app at the end of each trip, or at the bottom of your emailed receipt, you'll be able to rate your driver from 1 to 5 stars. You can also provide specific feedback about the trip or your driver from a list of common issues.
- Certain issues (fare amount, app issues, inconvenient pool matches etc.) are not your driver's fault, so when they are selected as the reasons for a low rating, the trip will not count toward your driver's overall rating.