Grammarly is a writing assistant that will review any typed text for any grammatical or typographical errors and provides suggestions on how to correct them. The following steps outline the process of installing, setting up, and using Grammarly.
Prerequisites: Basic navigation of App Store, settings, and keyboard options
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Grammarly is successfully installed, set up, and used
Tools Required: Apple iPad or iPhone, internet connection
Steps to Perform
- Download and install the Grammarly Keyboard app on the iPad/iPhone:
- Open the Grammarly app
- Create an account or login if you already have one
- Select the subscription you prefer (there is a free subscription that offers grammar, punctuation, and spelling correction which may be sufficient for you)
- You will receive a pop-up box asking if you'd like to enable the Grammarly keyboard; click the option to allow this and it will forward you to your device settings
- Select 'Keyboards'
- Click 'Grammarly'
- Turn on Grammarly keyboard
- Switch on "Allow Full Access"
- Go back to the home screen of the device and click on anything that allows you to type within it
- Bring up the keyboard and near the bottom, left corner, long-press on the circle with grid lines in it for about 2 seconds until a menu pops up with keyboard options
- Select the Grammarly keyboard
- Above the keyboard is now the Grammarly icon and it will show a small number on it to indicate how many errors it found
- Select the Grammarly icon and review the errors
- To correct the errors, click on any of the mistakes Grammarly found and it will correct it in the typing space