The default browser in Windows 10 is Microsoft Edge, however, you are allowed to change it to another browser if you prefer. This guide will walk you through the process.
Prerequisites: Ability to comfortably navigate Windows settings
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: <1 minute
Expected Outcome: Google Chrome is set as default browser
Tools Required: Windows 10 laptop or PC
Steps to Perform
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Settings .
- Open your default apps:
- Original version: Click System Default apps.
- Creators Update: Click Apps Default apps.
- At the bottom, under "Web browser," click your current browser (typically Microsoft Edge).
- In the "Choose an app" window, click Google Chrome.