If you suddenly no longer hear any sound on your TV, try following these steps to recover audio.
Prerequisites: Basic navigation of TV menu/settings
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5-10 minutes
Expected Outcome: Audio can be heard again
Tools Required: Television
Note: TVs vary from brand to brand so settings/steps may vary slightly
Steps to Perform
- Increase the volume on the TV and/or your connected media device (streaming player, Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, etc.).
- Check the audio settings on your TV and connected devices.
- Turn off and unplug your TV and connected devices.
- Inspect the TV cables and ports, then check the ones on your devices as well. Are they connected correctly and firmly? Is there any dust or debris in the ports? If so, it may have been an issue with the HDMI sound not working on the TV.
- Swap out the media device for another one, or change the TV's speaker output to the internal speakers to see if it fixes the sound.
- If the problem involves one of your connected devices, check its audio settings. Turn it off and unplug it for at least 10 seconds. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on this device, then plug it back in and turn it on. Install any software updates that are available, and if you still don't hear sound, connect this device to another TV or do a factory reset.
- Check for and install any software updates for the TV, then retest the sound.
- Reset the TV back to its factory settings.