How We Work
Gizmo's Quick Tips
How to send messages on Mac OS
You can send messages using iMessage with your Apple ID on your Mac. Here's how
Prerequisites: Apple ID created and setup to use iMessage
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 2 minutes
Tools Required: Apple ID, Mac computer
Expected Outcome: You will be able to send a message from your Mac computer
Steps to Perform
- Open Messages. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click the New Message button at the top of the Messages window.
- Type the name, email address, or phone number of one or more recipients. Or click the Add button and choose from your contacts.
- Press Tab or click the message field at the bottom of the window, then type your message.
- Press Return to send the message.