This is how to reset any existing Sonos system.
Prerequisites: Sonos system that needs resetting and Sonos account
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5-10 Minutes
Expected Outcome: The Sonos will be set to factory and ready to hook up to your account and home system.
Tools Required: Your smartphone, Sonos device
You reset your Sonos speaker using the pause button or the Join button (this button looks like an 8 lying on its side). Below you can read for each model which button you use and where you find it:
- Play: One: the pause button on the top of the speaker.
- Play: 1: the pause button on the top of the speaker.
- Play: 3: the pause button on the top of the speaker.
- Play: 5 (gen 1): the pause button on the top of the speaker.
- Play: 5 (gen 2): the Join button on the back of the speaker.
- Sub: the Join button on the right side of the speaker.
- Playbar: the pause button on the right side of the soundbar.
- Playbase: the Join button on the left side of the speaker.
- Beam: the join button on the back of the speaker.
Step 1: unplug the speaker
Unplug your speaker from the socket in the back of the Sonos. Wait 10 seconds before continuing.
Step 2: start the reset
Hold down the pause or Join button(the button that looks like the infinity symbol) while plugging the speaker back into the socket. Continue holding down the button. After 10 seconds, the LED will start to flash white. After about 30 seconds, the LED starts to flash orange. Now let go of the button.
Step 3: wait for the reset to complete
Within 30 seconds, the LED will flash green. Wait for that before continuing.
The speaker is has been restored to factory settings. Set up your speaker again to use it. Read how by clicking on the button below.