How We Work
Gizmo's Quick Tips
How to Plug in a Computer
This is how to plug in and turn on a computer for the first time.
Prerequisites: Basic cable matching ability
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 10 Minutes
Expected Outcome: The computer turns on and all devices work properly
Tools Required: The right cables for your computer and peripherals
Steps to Perform
- Match the cables you have with the ones on the computer.
- Most cables for a computer will only plug in one way.
- You can determine which cables go where by looking at the cable and finding where it fits on the computer
- Once you have matched the cables you can begin plugging them in where they go.
- Some cables may be able to plug into multiple places like USB cables.
- After everything is plugged in the computer should turn on and function properly