How We Work
Gizmo's Quick Tips
How to perform a forced restart of a phone
Whenever a phone is frozen and there is no removable battery
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 1 minute
Expected Outcome: Phone turns off
Tools Required: Phone
Steps to Perform
- This force shutdown is performed differently for different phones but most combine the power button and another button to be held for several seconds.
- For iPhones with Face ID:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
- For IPhone 7 Plus and most Android Phones:
- Hold Down the Power button and Volume Down