Portable Document Format files (PDF) are incredibly common in the modern workplace, and an important skill to have is the ability to export a Word document as a PDF. This Gizmo Guide will show this process.
Prerequisites: Must have a document ready to go to PDF format
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: < 3 Minutes
Expected Outcome: The document will be exported as a PDF
Tools Required: Microsoft Word or a free equivalent
Steps to Perform
- Make sure you have a document ready to go to PDF format
- Go to the top bar and select "File"
- Find and select the option that says "Export"
- Select the format you'd like to have the export as (PDF)
- Note that some programs will not have PDF as the default option, so always double check this
- Select where the file is going to be saved
- It is suggested that you always double check the path so you can find the document easier later