For when you need to add or delete users from a specific website in WPEngine
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: The selected users will be deleted or added
Tools Required: WPEngine Login
Steps to Perform
- Login into WPEngine User Portal.
- Find the Website you are looking to add or delete users for.
- Now you need to know which version of the site you want to add your user to.
- The Dev site, Production Site, or Main Site, the user will only be able to edit the site you gave them access to, or only not be able to access the site you removed them from.
- Once you have determined the website you want to add the user to click on its link.
- From there click on WP Admin in the middle of the screen.
- From here click on users
- From here you should be on the users page and be able to see all active users on the website as well as what access they have.
- To delete click Delete or you can use the check box on the left to mark multiple users at once and then use the bulk actions function at the top of the page to delete them all at once.
- If the user you are trying to delete has created material for the website (posts or anything else) then you will need to assign their material to a new user.
- To instead add a user click the “Add New” button at the top of the user page.
- Once finished check the user page once more to see if all users are appearing correctly.