Blocking and Unblocking Email Addresses with iPhone and iPad
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 10 Minutes
Expected Outcome: Unblocked or Blocked Email Addresses
Tools Required: iPhone or iPad
Steps to Perform
1. Open the Mail app and locate an email from the sender you wish to block.
2. Tap on the sender's picture and then their name in the From field.
3. Tap Block this Contact and tap it again in the confirmation window that appears.
Blocking their contact will stop alerts from appearing when they send you a new email, but the emails will still come through. To prevent this and move them automatically to the trash can, do the following:
1. Open your iPhone's Settings app.
2. Scroll down until you see the Mail app option and tap on it.
3. Tap on Blocked Sender Options.
4. Select Move to Trash.