Using the Contacts feature on a mobile device is a standard skill within manipulating technology, but sometimes the process is a bit convoluted. This Gizmo Guide will outline the steps to add, manipulate, and remove a contact using an i-Device
Prerequisites: Must have a contact's information (phone number, email, etc.)
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: Less than 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: The contact will be added, manipulated, or removed
Tools Required: Must be using a mobile i-Device (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
Steps to Perform
- Find the Contacts application on your device
- If you are having trouble finding it, use the search feature to find it
- If the application is not present on your device, go to the App Store and reinstall it from there
- Once you have opened Contacts, select the '+' in the top right corner
- Once here, you can add the information for the Contact, including first and last name, phone number, email , address, etc.
- Select Done in the top right corner and the Contact is created!
- To manipulate/delete a contact, simply find the contact you'd like to edit from your list of contacts and tap it to open the contact "card"
- Contacts are sorted alphabetically based on last name, if no last name was provided, it will default to sort by first name
- Once on the contact card, select Edit in the top right corner
- From here, you can change attributes of the contact, and if you wish to delete the contact, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the red Delete Contact option
Note that when deleting a contact, it will not block the contact. The contact will still be able to call/text/email you, but their contact card will not exist in your device.
More simply, if the deleted contact calls you, the phone number will pop up, but not their name