Sometimes, the link you may be trying to send is either too long, or not quite suited for the task at hand. This Gizmo Guide shows the quick and easy process of adding a link to regular text in an email, specifically for Gmail.
Prerequisites: Must have internet connection
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: Less than 2 minutes
Expected Outcome: Your text will be Hyperlinked to the URL you have provided
Tools Required: N/A
Steps to Perform
- Open Gmail and begin an email
- Highlight the text you would like to become the Hyperlink
- From the bottom row (next to the send button) select the 'chain' icon for linking
- In the window that pops up, fill in the box for what link should be used
- A good strategy to employ is to test the link you are giving Gmail by clicking "Test this link" which will open what it has in a different tab, verifying if it is correct
- Click 'OK'
- Your plain text should now have a Hyperlink