How to access saved passwords, in web browsers such as Chrome, Edge, and Firefox
Prerequisites: Web Browsers, Saved Passwords
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Received the needed passwords
Tools Required: Web Browser
Steps to PerformA. Google Chrome
- For Google Chrome go to: https://passwords.google.com/
- Click on the website you are looking for the password for.
- Once there you will be prompted to sign into your Google Account.
- Click on the eye with a line through it to see the password.
B. Microsoft Edge
- For Microsoft Edge click on the three dots at the top left of the Edge Bar
- Click on Settings
- Click on passwords
- Click on the eye symbol next to the password you are wanting to look at.
You will then need to type in either your Microsoft PIN Number or enter your Microsoft Account password
- Click on the three bars at the top left and then “Login and Passwords”
- Click on the eye on the password that you are looking for.