If an error appears on the screen stating that the carriage is not moving and to remove any jams, follow these steps.
Prerequisites: Printer teardown, navigation of inside of printer (ink cartridges, rollers, cartridge carriage, etc.)
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Jam is clear, carriage is able to move
Tools Required: HP Officejet printer
Steps to Perform
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer
- Complete a visual inspection for any jammed paper, checking the paper tray, the rear access door, and lifting the top to expose the inside of the printer
- Clear any paper jams or obstructions you may see
- Move the ink cartridge carriage slowly and gently to the right side (or left, depending on its current position) of the printer, inspecting for any additional debris. Ensure the carriage remains at the right side.
- Close the printer lid and the rear access door as well as the paper tray
- Plug the power cord back into the printer
- Turn on the printer and allow it to load
- Print a test page