Adding/Deleting the main user in a Chrome Web browser, so cookies, history, and saved passwords can be associated correctly.
Prerequisites: Google Chrome
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: The user will be added or deleted
Tools Required: Chrome
Steps to Perform
- First open the Chrome Web browser and click on the circle picture at the top right of the chrome browser.
- From here click on the gear symbol under “Other People”
- From here you can remove a person by hovering the mouse over a person and clicking on the three little dots.
- You can also click on Add Person and name and select an image for a new chrome account.
- Once added a new Chrome browser will appear. This creates a whole new browser with new bookmarks, and a new history. This account can be local or you can link it to an existing Google Account.
- To link it to an existing Google account click on the image in the top right corner, and then click turn on sync. This will prompt you to sign-in to your account.
- Note: This doesn’t change the picture in a new tab, that is the google account that is logged in for gmail, google drive, and YouTube purposes. There can be multiple google accounts logged into a single chrome account.