This guide will explain how to add an email account to an Android-based device.
Prerequisites: Must have email account and password information available and WiFi or cellular data access.
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: >5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Email is listed in Accounts setting and Email app shows emails
Tools Required: Android device (phone or tablet) and internet
Steps to Perform
- Go into the Settings application
- Select Accounts setting (this may also be called Cloud and Accounts or Accounts and Sync)
- Click "Add account"
- Select which type of email account you are adding (Google, Yahoo, Exchange, IMAP, POP3 etc)
- Enter in your email address and click Next
- Enter in your password and click Next
- If you entering an IMAP or POP3 account you may need to know your incoming/outgoing server information which can be acquired through your email service provider
- Agree to Terms of Service
- Choose to allow or disallow whatever access it needs and complete setup