In light of the recent spread of COVID-19, this guide serves as a reference for how to best protect yourself
Please note that all of these general best practices are coming from the Center for Disease Control's (CDC) website regarding the COVID-19 virus, which can be found here, and the World Health Organization's (WHO) website which can be found here.
General Best Practices
This virus spreads via sneezing and coughing of an infected person. It is commonly spread when people are in close contact (within 6 feet) of an infected person. These best practices are to be used to help attempt to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Wash your hands by following the CDC's guide which can be found here
- Use hand sanitizer wherever possible (At least 60% alcohol)
- Avoid close contact with others
- Avoid touching your own eyes, mouth, or nose
- Wipe down everything before and after use (especially things that have been used by others)
- Use alcohol wipes containing at least 60% alcohol (such as the ones found here) to kill any bacteria present.
- Make sure that when you sneeze or cough, you do it into the back of your elbow to minimize the potential spread of the virus
- If you feel sick STAY HOME
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing seem immediate medical attention
- Clean and disinfect anything that you may come into contact with
Nerds Best Practices
- For Outside Nerds, use gloves and shoe protection when entering a Member’s house
- Clean all mouses and keyboards that you come into contact with, including your own with alcohol wipes (at least 60% alcohol).
- With alcohol wipes (at least 60% alcohol), physically clean electronics that may see more use than others when helping a Member (i.e. TV remotes, etc.)
- Make sure that you, as a Nerd, are also following the general best practices to prevent the spread of the virus as well, that way you and the people around you can stay as healthy as possible