There are bad people and robots all over the internet...it’s really a pretty scary place...unless you have a Nerd ;) If you get a phishing pop-up on your iPhone or iPad asking you to click here or to call a number, follow these steps to get rid of it
Prerequisites: Familiar with closing apps and using settings
Difficulty Level: Member | Nerd | Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Popup is gone and you can browse the internet again
Tools Required: Fingers, Brain, a little courage
Steps to Perform
- When you see a pop-up that looks scary in Safari on your iPhone or iPad, stay calm and follow these instructions to get rid of it.
- Stop Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the taskbar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.
- Tap Settings >> Safari >> Clear History and Website Data. Next, locate Security section and slide the “Block Pop-Ups” switch to the On position.
- Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
- If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.
If you’re still having issues, call a Nerd 865-622-2422