Our members own businesses and have business Google accounts used for marketing. If the member moves or changes phone numbers, they need to be updated on the Google Business accounts.
Prerequisites: Experience managing Google Properties
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 15 minutes
Expected Outcome: Business listing is updated on Google within 48 hours
Tools Required: Computer, Internet Access, Google Account, Business Info, a little Courage
Steps to Perform
- Click Here to log into Google MyBusiness account
- Use Member’s Google Admin credentials given by the member or in SS
- Click on Login or Manage Now (if you’re already logged in)
- Click on the location or the name of the business to edit the information. Sometimes the member may have more than one business linked to their account.
- From the Menu, click on Info.
- Choose the section to edit (address, name, phone number, etc)
- Enter the new information in the box that appears after clicking on the section.
- Click Apply
- The changes, according to the Google Site, may take up to 60 days to be updated on the Google site. It usually updates in 48 hours but can take longer depending on changes being made.