Process of scheduling a meeting with a Member for Nerd Visits, device drop-offs, pickups, etc.
Prerequisites: An open ticket that needs a meeting scheduled
Difficulty Level: Nerd
Estimated Time: 3 Minutes
Expected Outcome: A properly scheduled meeting that shows up on both HubSpot and Google Calendar with all parties notified
Tools Required: Google Calendar, HubSpot
Steps to Perform
- Navigate to the open ticket for which you need to schedule a meeting.
- On the left hand side of the screen, find and click the “Meeting” button
- A “Schedule” pop op will appear.
- Copy and paste the ticket name into the “What are you meeting about” section.
- Click the “Meeting type” dropdown menu. Select the correct one. If none apply, leave blank.
- Click the “Attendees” dropdown menu. Select the Member that the meeting is with as well as the Nerd that is meeting with the Member.
- You’ll need to determine which Nerd is available.
- Open Google Calendar .
- If a Nerd is not marked unavailable, they are open to schedule.
- Find a time that works best with the Member.
- Add correct date, and time that has been agreed upon.
- Duration will be minimum one hour since we bill for one hour minimum.
- More time can be scheduled if needed.
- In the “Describe your meeting..” section, we use snippets that will fill in the meeting with the proper information and also save time.
- Type “#desc” and the “Ticket Description” snippet will appear. Press enter and it will auto fill.
- This snippet directly copies the ticket description field. The Member will see this once the meeting is scheduled.
- Type “#as” and the “Nerd Assigned” snippet will appear. Press enter and it will auto fill.
- Make sure that the proper Nerd has been assigned before using this snippet. If the ticket stage has not hit Assigned yet, the ticket creator will be assigned.
- Type “#info” and the “Membership info” snippet will appear. Press enter and it will auto fill.
- Next copy the URL for the ticket itself. This makes it easy for a Nerd on the go to access the ticket directly from their Google Calendar.
- If not already checked, check the “Add to Google Calendar” box.
- Click “Save”
- The ticket should now show that there is a meeting scheduled.
- Double check on Google Calendar that the meeting is scheduled for the correct time, date, ticket, Member and Nerd.
- Both the Member and the assigned Nerd will receive an email confirming the meeting.
- The scheduled Nerd needs to accept or decline (if for some reason unavailable) the meeting confirmation as soon as possible.
- A correctly scheduled meeting should look like the following: