You can return many items sold on Amazon.com. When you return an item, you may see different return options depending on the seller, item, or reason for return.
Prerequisites:Knowledge of Amazon and shipping things in the mail
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 30 Minutes
Expected Outcome: Item is returned and eventually refund for that item is applied
Tools Required: an item ordered from amazon, a box, a computer and printer, a shipping label
Steps to Perform
To return an item you ordered:
- Go to the Online Returns Center, and tap Return items.
- Find the order you want to return, and tap Return an item from this order. If you don't see the order you're looking for, select another option from the See more menu, and then tap Go.
- Select the items you want to return.
- Enter the quantity of items, select an option from the Reason for return menu, and then add any additional information in the Comments box.
- To continue, do one of the following:
- If the item was sold by Amazon.com, select your return option.
- If the item was sold by a seller, tap Submit for Approval.
- Note: Some sellers may need to review your return request. After the seller reviews the request, they will provide a label or instructions on how to return your items. If you do not receive a response within two business days, you can submit an A-to-z Guarantee claim. For more information, go to A-to-z Guarantee Protection.
Note: If you choose to return via Amazon Locker, you'll be prompted to select a Locker location at this time. For more information about returning an item to an Amazon Locker, go to Return a Package at an Amazon Locker.
- If your item isn't working properly, please check the product manual and Amazon.com detail page for troubleshooting steps. If you need additional help with troubleshooting, warranty information, or need missing or replacement parts, contact the product's manufacturer.
- If you're offered a pre-paid return label, please be aware that each of these labels is assigned to a specific return. To make sure that you receive the correct refund, please don't include items from multiple orders or shipments in the same box.
- For international orders where the return was the result of our error and not exported using a freight forwarder, we'll reimburse you for the shipping costs after we receive it (if it's shipped using an economical method). For more information about freight forwarding, go to About Freight Forwarders.
- For items sold by Amazon.com, return shipping costs may be deducted from your refund depending on the reason for return. For more information, go to About Refunds.
- For more information about returning a Textbook Rental, go to Return a Textbook Rental.