iPads and iPhones are great devices but every now and again they just kinda get stuck. They don’t want to behave they way they should. Here’s a couple of steps to safely get them going again.
Prerequisites: Familiar with iOS devices.
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Your device should be back to its old self
Tools Required: iPad/iPhone, Fingers, Decent hand-eye coordination, a little Courage
- Begin by pressing the on/off button. The on/off button is located on the top right corner of the iPad.
- Continue to hold it until a slider appears at the top of the screen.
- Let go of the on/off button.
- Move the slider left to right to turn off the iPad (or tap Cancel if you change your mind). This shuts down the iPad.
- When the iPad's screen goes dark, the iPad is off.
- Restart the iPad by holding down the on/off button until the Apple icon appears. Let go of the button and the iPad will start up again.
- Hold down the home button and on/off buttons at the same time.
- Continue holding the buttons even after the slider appears on the screen. The screen will eventually go black.
- When the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons and let the iPad start up like normal.
If you’re still having issues, give us a call 865-622-2422 or just stop by the Member Center.