Do you ever want to forward a text message you’ve received? Here are the steps to send that text message to a friend.
Prerequisites: Comfortable using Messages on iPhone
Difficulty Level: Member | Nerd | Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Able to forward a Message to a friend
Tools Required: iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod); Fingers or some other touch device; some courage
How to forward messages on iPhone and iPad
You can forward any iMessage — or SMS or MMS — to anyone else in your contacts.
- Launch Messages from your Home screen.
- Tap the conversation that contains the message(s) you'd like to forward.
- Tap and hold the message you'd like to forward.
- Tap More....
- Tap on the forward button in the lower right-hand corner.
- A new message will populate, pre-filled with your forwarded text. Just fill in the recipient and send it on its way!
Keep in mind you can forward more than one message at a time. Just tap all the ones you want to forward before you tap the actual forward button!