Thunderbird is an email client used by several of our Members. WOW is an Internet Service Provider, Email Provider, Etc. This is how you configure WOW on Thunderbird.
Prerequisites: Experience installing/configuring Thunderbird; Experience adding accounts
Difficulty Level: Member | Nerd | Platypus
Estimated Time: 37 minutes
Expected Outcome: Thunderbird will send and receive emails for the WOW email account
Tools Required: Computer; Internet; Credentials
Steps to Perform
- Visit the Thunderbird download page in any browser (e.g. Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer). The page will automatically recommend the best version(s) of Thunderbird for you.
- Click on the green download link to download the Thunderbird installer. Depending on your connection speed, the download may take up to a few minutes. Thanks for your patience… it’ll be worth the wait!
- Start the process by clicking Run.
- Then, just follow the steps (we’ve made the process as painless as possible).
- Congratulations, you are done installing Thunderbird!
- Double-click on the Thunderbird icon whenever you want to communicate.
- Basic WOW Information you will need to set up your email client:
- The Outgoing Mail Server requires authentication (Use same settings as incoming mail should be selected = Yes)
- Your username is your full email address.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is "no".
- The Account Password is the password you selected when you created your email address.
- Incoming Mail Port for POP is 110.
- Incoming Mail Port for IMAP is 143.
- The Outgoing Mail Port (both POP and IMAP) is 587.
- If your email address ends in… Recommended email server settings are… How to authenticate… wowway.com Incoming: mail.wowway.com Outgoing: mail.wowway.com Username = Full Email Address i.e = Johnsmith@wowway.com wideopenwest.com