Facebook is great for keeping in touch with friends, family, groups, etc. but there are mean people out there who try to take advantage of us from time to time. Here’s what to do if you’re hacked.
Prerequisites: Have used Facebook. Can log into Facebook. Can send messages via Facebook.
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 1 hr
Expected Outcome: Passwords are changed, Messages stop, Facebook is secure, All is good.
Tools Required: Facebook, Internet Access, Credentials, Member’s Permission and Info
Steps to Perform
- First, understand you’re not alone...this happens much more than it should
- Second, take a deep breath, relax, and know we’re going to get through this
- Here’s the official info from Facebook
- Read through this article and follow the steps. It really works. Facebook wants you to keep using their service. So, they’ve created these steps to help you get back to using Facebook just like you used to.
- If you have any issues, please let us know. Your Nerds can help you with any of these steps. We can also perform many of these steps for you. Just give us a call 865-622-2422 to schedule a time for a Nerd to help.