Scammer calls can be very annoying and also very expensive. In an effort to save our Members Time and provide them Peace of Mind, we’ve developed a Gizmo Guide™ to address these callers.
Prerequisites: Experience blocking calls; Experience signing up for Jolly Roger
Difficulty Level: Member
Estimated Time: 20 Minutes
Expected Outcome: Reduction in unwanted scammer calls...and some funny recordings
Tools Required: Internet Access; Phone Number to block; Your Phone Number; CC
Steps to Perform
- Log into Member’s phone provider and block the CallerID of the scammer
- Add Member’s phone to Do Not Call Registry
- Add your phone number for free by visiting donotcall.gov, or calling 1-888-382-1222 from the phone you want to register (TTY: 1-866-290-4236).
- File a complaint with Federal Trade Commission
- Click here to file complaint
- Sign Member up for Jolly Roger service
- $12/year - https://jollyrogertelephone.com/
- Teach Member how to forward a number to the service