Sometimes we'll be listing properties for some of our members, such as RKP. This NOM will detail how to make a posting on craigslist for one of these properties.
Prerequisites: Have worked with Craigslist before, understanding of how to post ads that grab attention.
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 1 hr gathering information about the properties, 10 min per property listing
Expected Outcome: Your listing is public on Craigslist and you can edit it if needed
Tools Required: A computer and Internet access
Steps to Perform
- Go to Knoxville Craigslist (here)
- Select the property type under Housing (i.e. Commercial/Residential)
- Select "Post" in the top right corner
- Select the "Housing Offered"option
- Select the type of property you are listing
- Fill in all the required information about the property (square feet, rent, etc.)
- Make sure that "Show on Maps" is selected
- Here is an example of a filled out information form:
- Post your Listing!
- Make sure to send the editing link to the renter and/or anyone that is helping you with the Listing
Something to remember when doing this is that this is an advertisement, so make sure you choose interesting pictures that are accurate to what you're offering (Don't post a picture of a view of the Eiffel Tower if the listing is in Knoxville). Additionally, make sure you write a good description for your listing.
Here is an example Listing: