Sometimes we'll be listing properties for some of our members, such as RKP. This NOM will detail how to make a posting on craigslist for one of these properties.
Tools/Software Required: A Computer, Internet Access
Prerequisites: Have worked with Craigslist before, understanding of how to post ads that grab attention.
Estimated Time: 1 hr gathering information about the properties, 10 min per property listing
- Which properties are currently vacant that you would like to lease?
- What are the benefits provided in the lease?
- Are there preferred types of businesses that would like to rent these properties?
- What features should be advertised?
- Do we need to make keys for these suites?
- At what rate should these properties be listed?
- What is the square footage of each property?
- Does any maintenance need to happen before these suites can be listed?
- What is the address of these properties?
- What email should be associated with the property?
- Would the renter like to be contacted via phone?
- Is there a description for the property that you would like to use, or would you like us to write one?
Create a Craigslist property posting
- Go to knoxville.craigslist.org
- Click the property type under housing (ie. office/commercial.)
- Click "post" in the upper right hand corner.
- Select the "housing offered" option.
- Select the type of property that you are listing.
- Fill out the required information:
- Fill out the Posting title. This should include the rate, square footage, and a descriptive title.
- Fill out the description. This should include benefits, features, recent maintenance, and what type of businesses might be a good fit. End the description with a link to the renter's website.
- Fill in the square footage and the rent.
- Add contact information for the renter. If they would like to be contacted by phone or text, fill in the phone information and check the respective boxes. Ensure that the mail is sent through the CL mail relay.
- Ensure that "show on maps" is checked. Enter the street and the city.
- Add images. Try to show the property from several different angles. If you have a flyer for the property, include it here.
- Publish the posting!
- Ensure that the editing link is sent to the renter.
- Request the edit link from the renter so that we can maintain the posting.
- The property is properly listed on craigslist with photos, a descriptive title, a good description, a location on maps, and contact information.
- Both the renter and NNI has the edit link for the posting
- Example Listing: