Guide for helping members join Zoom meetings
Prerequisites: Basic Windows/Apple functionality
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 3 minutes
Expected Outcome: You will have joined the meeting
Tools Required: Computer, Microphone, Webcam (optional), Zoom, Internet Access
Steps to Perform
- To join a Zoom call first press the Zoom icon on your desktop.
- If the icon isn't there it will be located either in your dock on Apple computers (Mac) or you can search for it using the Windows Search bar found at the bottom left of your screen (Windows) or the magnifying glass at the top right of your screen (Apple).
- Once the app opens click the "Join" icon
- You will be prompted to enter a meeting ID. This will be provided by the host of the meeting. Check below to make sure your name is set correctly as this is what will be displayed when you join the meeting.
- Sometimes instead of providing a meeting ID they will instead send you a meeting link. When this occurs click on the link and it should open up your web browser.
- It will say "Open Zoom" as a small dialog box appears at the top of your web browser. Click "Open Zoom" and your Zoom client will open on your PC and you will be joining the meeting.