How We Work
Gizmo's Quick Tips
Outlook Not Opening (Add-Ins)
When Outlook doesn’t open, and opens only after force quitting Outlook
Prerequisites: Outlook account
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 10 minutes
Expected Outcome: Outlook opens every time, normally
Tools Required: Outlook
Steps to Perform
- If your Outlook isn’t opening correctly, and only seems to open after a restart it could be due to Add-In Issues. Usually, Outlook will resolve these issues on its own, but not always.
- Click on File and then go to “Options”
- Click on “Add Ins” and then “Go”
- Uncheck any non-Microsoft add-ins, then test to see if the issue still occurs
- If the issue persists uncheck all add-ins and verify Outlook is working correctly. Then slowly one by one reintroduce the add-ins.