This is how to update an app on an iPhone or an iPad
Prerequisites: iPhone or iPad and Apple ID
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: Apps are updated to their latest version
Tools Required: iPhone or iPad
Steps to Perform
- Make sure that in the settings of your idevice you are signed into your Apple ID. It will be the top section of your settings page and should have your name
Tap on the tab with your name app the top. If it opens a page with information about your Apple ID then you are signed in. If you get a pop up that says you need to sign in then enter your Apple ID password and hit sign in.
- Next you will need to make sure your are also signed into the Apple App store. It is a blue icon on your iPhone or iPad that has a white triangle on it it looks like this.
- At the top left of the of the App Store you will see a symbol that looks like a picture of a person in a small circle.
- Tap on that icon and if you get a prompt saying you need to sign into your Apple ID sign in, otherwise you should see this.
- Scroll down in this menu to see upcoming and automatic updates.
- Then hit "Update All". This will update all of the apps on the iPad/iPhone that need an update.