Reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers can sometimes solve issues with connection Bluetooth devices to a Windows 10 PC
Prerequisites: A PC with Windows 10 Home edition or better
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: You should be able to use Bluetooth as normal
Tools Required: A PC with Windows 10 Home edition or better with an internet connection
Steps to Perform
- Click on search bar in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- In the search bar type, "device manager" then click on device manager
- In device manager double click Bluetooth and you should see several devices.
a. You will be looking for either Realtek Wireless Bluetooth or Intel Wireless Bluetooth. Your device will have one or the other
b. Right click on whichever one you have and click "Uninstall Device"
4. A dialog will pop up with the option to uninstall
5. Click uninstall
6. Once the uninstall is complete Windows will reinstall the driver automatically if you are connected to the internet