Telemarketers and solicitors are annoying to say the least. There is, however, a way to minimize interaction with these entities by using the Federal Trade Commission's Do Not Call List. This Guide will detail the process to complete this task.
Prerequisites: Must have a phone number and email address
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: Less than 3 Minutes
Expected Outcome: Your phone number(s) will be on the FTC's Do Not Call List
Tools Required: Access to the internet and your email
Steps to Perform
- Go to https://www.donotcall.gov/
- Click the inline link labeled "Register" (You can also click here)
- To register a NEW phone number, click
- Enter up to 3 phone numbers to put on the Do Not Call List, and your email address
- Once you hit submit, you will be asked to verify your phone number and email address
- An email will be sent to the address that was provided, asking you to confirm via a link provided in the email
- Note that the link MUST be used to confirm the information within 72 hours of it being sent
- After the link is followed, your information will be confirmed and you're now on the FTC's Do Not Call List!
According to the FTC's website, it may take up to 31 days for the effects to be noticeable.