If a user, member, or web developer needs access to the SFTP function in WPEngine
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 15 minutes
Expected Outcome: They will appear on the WPEngine site as a SFTP User
Tools Required: WPEngine Admin Account
Steps to Perform
- Login to the WPEngine User Portal: https://identity.wpengine.com/
- Click on the desired site name
- Reminder: You must assign SFTP users for each version of the website. If you create a SFTP User for the Dev version of the site, they will only have SFTP access to the Dev site.
- Click on SFTP Users
- Click Create SFTP User
- From here make a username and password, and choose the environment. Always choose the environment that matches the site you are in. I.e. if you are in the dev site choose the dev environment.
- Make note of the username and password. You will also need to make note of the SFTP Address and Port number.
- Once you have the username, password, port number, and SFTP Address provide all of these details to the new SFTP User.