How to solve the error “cannot send mail the sender address is invalid” on an Apple Device
Prerequisites: iPhone familiarity
Difficulty Level: Member • Nerd • Platypus
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Expected Outcome: You can send emails again
Tools Required: iPhone, email password
Steps to Perform
- Go to settings on your iPhone.
- Under "Passwords & Accounts" look for the problematic email address.
- Click on the account and if the options are grayed out, the email's password must be reentered
- This will prompt you to reenter your password via an extra option present under the grayed out options.
- The username is the email address, and then type in the password for the email address.
- Once completed hit “Done” and try sending another email. The issue should be resolved.